Aligned-Crimped Collagen Fibrils on Glass Slides
Full Product Description
AlignCol® Matrix is a revolutionary nanostructure product with a 3D oriented collagen fibril matrix which mimics the matrices found in the body. The collagen fibrils are oriented, aligned and organized into nano-scale structures.
Using Fibralign nanoweave collagen-based materials, the purified collagen is deposited onto borosilicate glass chips at a thickness of ~ 1-3 micrometer while aligning the collagen fibrils in an exact orientation.
This product provides aligned-crimped collagen fibrils, which are aligned in the same direction on a lateral plain with additional modulation in orthogonal plane resulting in ‘ridges’ oriented perpendicular to fibril direction. This configuration replicates the organized collagen fibril bundles found in heart, ligament and tendon tissues.
AlignCol® Matrix, aligned-crimped collagen is provided on glass slides that measure 8 X 15 mm. An indicator is placed on the glass slide indicating the side on which the aligned collagen matrix is provided. Directions for use provide instruction on the handling of the product.
AlignCol® Matrix, Aligned-Crimped Collagen Fibrils (10 X 10 µm)
Preparation and Usage
- AlignCol® Matrix is not supplied sterile. Using forceps, remove the AlignCol® Matrix slide from the container by gripping the end of the slide ensuring that the forceps do not disturb the matrix portion of the slide.
- Upon removal of the slide, check for the right-side up orientation of the matrix. An indicator is placed on the glass slide indicating the side on which the aligned collagen matrix is provided.
- Dip AlignCol® Matrix slide into DPBS without Ca and Mg for 5 minutes and remove.
- Immediately dip and rinse AlignCol® Matrix slide into de-ionized water using a gentle motion for 5-10 seconds and remove.
- Immediately immerse AlignCol® Matrix slide into sterile 70% ethanol for minimum of 1 hour to sterilize and remove.
- Place the AlignCol® Matrix slide in a new culture dish and let it dry. Positioning the slide at an angle against the wall (not flat on the bottom) allows for the ethanol to evaporate faster. Once dried, place the slide flat on the bottom of the culture dish with the orientation of the matrix in the up position. Alternatively, rinse the e slide 3 times with PBS or DMEM (e.g., 3 ml for one well of 6-well plate) ensuring that the orientation of the matrix is in the up
- Pre-incubate the slide in DMEM for 45 minutes at 37°C in a CO2 incubator.
- Remove DMEM and add cell suspension in DMEM without serum into the culture system.
- After cells attach, remove the DMEM and replace with complete cell culture medium (e.g. DMEM with serum).